ACT Rescue and Foster (ARF) Inc. is an incorporated association of people in Canberra (Australia) and the surrounding region who rescue dogs from euthanasia and foster them temporarily in our own homes for as long as it takes to find them loving, permanent homes.
ARF aims to save and improve the lives of dogs in the Canberra region, as well as in surrounding regions, including metropolitan and regional Sydney, by:
- rescuing and re-homing as many unwanted dogs as possible
- educating the community about responsible dog companionship
- working with local pounds to help achieve, develop and implement minimum destruction policies and procedures, and
- establishing and developing networks of communication for people involved in rescuing and re-homing dogs
ARF Structure and Governance
Please read the attachment below for an overall understanding of how ARF is managed to promote an effective, responsive and prudent organisation that can deliver long-term success in achieving our stated aims.
How can you help?
There are many ways you can help ARF, even if you can’t adopt a dog yourself. For example you could:
- donate any unwanted (clean) blankets, towels, collars and leads
- become a foster carer and/or provide temporary accommodation until a permanent home can be found
- help out at local events by donating some of your time to the ARF stall or information booth
- help circulate our posters regarding dogs in need of new homes but not in foster care
- help to raise funds for ARF by participating in ARF events or selling chocolates, ARF Calendars or raffle tickets in your workplace - check out the events page to see what’s on
- become a member of ARF – it’s only $15 a year
- you can also help by sharing our facebook page and our foster dog profiles with your friends – word of mouth is a great way to help!
Check out the Help Us page for more information on how you can help ARF to help dogs.
Check out the latest ARF news in our newsletter Chinwag.
- President: Wendy Parsons
- Vice-President: Susan Black
- Treasurer: Dianne Heriot
- Secretary: Helen Shannon
General Committee Members
- Melrose Brown
- Aine Dowling
- Kirsten Doyle
- Emma Hotham
- Teresa Kent
- Sarah Rullis
- Useful links – pounds & other rescue groups
- Veterinary hospitals that support ARF
- Why does ARF desex and vaccinate?
- How much does an ARF dog cost?
- Benefits of adopting an ARF dog
- Things to think about when adopting a dog
- How do I care for my new dog?
General tips and hints
PO Box 1308
Woden ACT 2606
Committee Email: Secretary@fosterdogs.org
Rehome Email: Rehome@fosterdogs.org